Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish was originally created (allegedly) for multi billionaire Ari Onassis. I was served it in a french restaurant on Las Olas Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale and I have recreated it in my own kitchen.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 bunch scallion
- 3 small plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup black pitted olive
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- mix flour and paprika and place in pie plate.
- pound chicken breasts flat to approximately 1/2" thickness and season on both sides with salt& pepper.
- dredge chicken breast on both sides in flour mixture.
- thinly slice scallions.
- deseed and dice tomatoes.
- heat olive oil and 3 tbs butter in skillet large enough to hold chicken breasts.
- in a small skillet melt remaining butter and sautee scallions and tomatoes in it until just softened brown prepaired chicken breasts in olive oil and butter mixture.
- add olives, tarragon and white wine to butter,scallions and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- crumble feta cheese (large pieces) into vegetables and add parsley.
- Allow feta to partially melt and thicken sauce.
- Plate the browned chicken breasts and spoon equall portions of the sauce over each.
- I serve this with either lightly buttered steamed broccoli or green beans.
Yummy! I made a few changes to the recipe, but I think I stuck with the spirit of it. I omitted the oil entirely, and started by sauteing the chicken in plain butter. Once it was golden, I took it out and added a bit more butter to the pan and proceeded as written. The only ingredient I changed was the olives- using kalamatas, since I had them on hand. This was beautiful as well as tasty; and would be perfect for either a weeknight meal or a company dinner. I served with roasted mushrooms, but a green vegetable and rice or noodles would also be excellent.
Every time I have cooked this recipe EVERYONE has loved it! So easy and greta to prepare ahead of time.