Hey Jude's Note:
Despite the fancy sounding title, this is a dish that I do after work because it's quick and easy. I serve it with steamed baby potatoes and crusty bread and everyone is happy. Recipe is from the Chicago Trib Good Eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness,sliced into strips
- 1 bunch chard leaves or 1 bunch spinach or 1 bunch mustard greens, rinsed well and coarsely chopped (I use one bag of pre-washed spinach for this)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted ground walnuts (see below)
- 1For sauce: combine mustard, honey, soy sauce and pepper to taste in a bowl; set aside.
- 2For chicken: heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, cook until lightly brown and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes; stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 3Add chicken, stirring until opaque, about 6 minutes; add greens, wine, salt and pepper to taste; cook, stirring, until greens are soft but not limp, 4 minutes.
- 4Divide chicken and greens amongst 4 plates; pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle 1 T of nuts over each serving.
- 5To toast ground nuts: place in a dry skillet over high heat, stirring constantly until light brown and fragrant, about 4 minutes- remove from hot pan immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken on wilted greens with honey-mustard sauce
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 620.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: