Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 (28 ounce) box Minute Rice (about 3 cups)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (any kind, even made-up powdered is good)
- 1 fryer, skinned and cut into pieces or 1 a batch of your favorite skinned chicken parts
- seasoning salt
- Grease large 9x13-inch pan.
- Heat soups and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Stir in Minute Rice (you want the mixture to be rather juicy). Pour into 9x13-inch pan.
- Place chicken part on top and then sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper and curry lightly.
- Cover all with foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- I have baked this on a higher temp with less baking time but, you have to watch that you don't make the rice get hard and crusty by doing so.
This was one of my favorite recipes that my mom made growing up. The only difference was that she added a packet of onion soup mix with the soup and milk. It gives just a little extra flavor. So glad you posted this on here!