Top Review by amylou2
This was one of my favorite recipes that my mom made growing up. The only difference was that she added a packet of onion soup mix with the soup and milk. It gives just a little extra flavor. So glad you posted this on here!
- 1 (28 ounce) box Minute Rice (about 3 cups)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (any kind, even made-up powdered is good)
- 1 fryer, skinned and cut into pieces or 1 a batch of your favorite skinned chicken parts
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease large 9x13-inch pan.
- Heat soups and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Stir in Minute Rice (you want the mixture to be rather juicy). Pour into 9x13-inch pan.
- Place chicken part on top and then sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper and curry lightly.
- Cover all with foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- I have baked this on a higher temp with less baking time but, you have to watch that you don't make the rice get hard and crusty by doing so.