Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like peanut flavored sauces, you might like this. From Bon Appetite magazine.
Make and share this Chicken on Pasta With Spicy Asian - Style Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno chilies, seeded, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 lb linguine
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Saute jalapenos and garlic until tender. Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, honey and hot pepper sauce, and whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Saute bell pepper, mushrooms and green onions 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add sauce.
- Cook linguine until tender, but still firm. Drain.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Pour over pasta and toss well.
Watch out! Just like the recipe say's Spicy!! Yup is sure was. My youngest daughter ran for a glass of milk LOL. I on the other hand really liked it, although next time I will cut down on the hot stuff :D