1/2 Photos of Chicken on Pasta With Spicy Asian - Style Sauce
If you like peanut flavored sauces, you might like this. From Bon Appetite magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno chilies, seeded, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 lb linguine
- 1In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Saute jalapenos and garlic until tender. Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, honey and hot pepper sauce, and whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 2In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Saute bell pepper, mushrooms and green onions 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add sauce.
- 3Cook linguine until tender, but still firm. Drain.
- 4Bring sauce to a simmer. Pour over pasta and toss well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken on Pasta With Spicy Asian - Style Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.5
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1581.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 52.5 g