1/1 Photo of Chicken on Lemongrass Skewers
4 hrs 15 mins
Tangy lime and coriander chicken pieces on lemongrass skewers. Perfect for a summer bbq, but can also be grilled indoors. (prep time includes marinade time, so may change depending on how long chicken is marinated for)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 stalks lemongrass
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, grated
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1Cut approx 3cm (1.2in) from the lemongrass (not the hard white part, the other end). Finely chop.
- 2Combine chopped lemongrass, peanut oil, lime rind and coriander in a shallow non-reactive dish.
- 3Cut each chicken breast into 4, and thread onto lemongrass skewers. The lemongrass skewers may bend, if this happens carefully use a knife to cut a slit into the chicken - it should thread on easily now.
- 4Place skewers in with marinade and turn to fully coat.
- 5Cover and marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
- 6Cook skewers on lightly oiled bbq until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- 7Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to combine.
- 8Serve chicken skewers over rice (optional) and top with dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken on Lemongrass Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 93.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macadamia nut oil