This adaptation of Indonesian Chicken Satay (found on the net) is very quick to cook - serve peanut sauce on the side! The prep time doesn't include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or lemon)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Cut the chicken lengthwise into 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) strips- you'll get about 4 or 5 strips from each breast.
- 2Thread these strips zigzag fashion onto bamboo skewers, about 3 or 4 strips per skewer.
- 3Don't squash the zigzags too tightly- leave them loosely threaded so the marinade can soak in.
- 4Arrange the skewers in a glass baking dish.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients& pour over the chicken skewers in the baking dish; allow to marinate, refrigerated, for at least one hour, but no longer than three or else the chicken will disintegrate.
- 6Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce.
- 7In a blender combine all the sauce ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- 8Pour into a small bowl.
- 9Preheat the barbecue, then grill chicken skewers over medium heat, brushing lightly with the marinade, about 5 minutes per side.
- 10The chicken should be cooked through but not dried out.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for CHICKEN-ON-A-STICK (WITH PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE)
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 985.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 36.8 g