Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is my daughter's most frequently requested chicken recipe. It is from Light & Tasty magazine. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- Cut the chicken into strips and put into a resealable bag. I usually will cut each chicken breast into 3 strips.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken together.
- Put about 1/4 cup of the marinade into the bag with the chicken. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken.
- Thread the chicken strips onto skewers.
- Coat grill with non-stick spray before heating.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side, basting with the reserved marinade.
The flavor was good and I wish I could give this recipe five stars, but I thought it needed the addition of salt. I used regular soy sauce and I thought it would provide enough salt, but when I cooked the first batch on my girl pan in my kitchen it tasted bland. I added garlic salt to the second batch and it was much better, it even brought out the other flavors. I plan on making these again. Thank you for sharing.
Excellent! My family gave it five stars! My 17-year-old daughter, Teresa, prepared it. We cut the chicken into chunks rather than strips but other than that, we followed the recipe exactly. And it is perfect. It goes on our family favorite list.
Just had these for dinner, they were really good. I used olive oil and the regular soy sauce. I'm looking forward to making these again!