This makes the chicken come out sooo juicy and so delicious! The kind of glass bottle you need is similar to the glass coke and sprite bottles, or any glass juice bottle around that size. Of course, you can season your chicken with any spices you like, I just list the recommended spices. **Preparation time doesn't include the time for the chicken to marinate, if you want it to marinate.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 1⁄4 ounces Sazon Goya seasoning or 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spices (all season)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (its my personal preference) (optional)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 pieces corn on the cob
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Clean the chicken and leave it whole. (I prefer removing the skin, but you can leave it on if you like).
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. I skor the top of the chicken breasts to make sure the flavor gets all the way in the chicken. Add the lemon juice and all of the spices. Mix it all together, and let the chicken marinate, breast side down in the lemon juice and spices. After about ten minutes or so, flip the chicken over to let the other side marinate.
- In the baking pan with an edge to it, peel and cut the potatoes, carrots, and green peppers, and place in the bottom. Also place the corn of the cob on the bottom of the pan as well.
- If your glass bottle has paper or stickers on it, remove them. (I couldn't get the stickers off of my juice bottle so I just wrapped the bottle with aluminum foil, leaving the opening uncovered).
- Put 1 clove of garlic in the bottle, as well as a dash of lemon juice and a dash of salt. This will give the chicken extra flavor as it bakes.
- Place the glass bottle in the middle of the pan. Place the chicken on the bottle, legs down. If your chicken doesn't touch the bottom of the pan, its ok, but try to make it so the opening of the bottle is showing from the top of the chicken.
- Use only 1/4 of the juice and spices the chicken was marinating in, and add 3 cups of water to it, plus one tablespoon of olive oil. Pour this mixture over the vegetables in the bottom of the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, and put the chicken inches After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 350, and let the chicken bake for another 45 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- **I have an older gas stove, so the temperature is always higher. If your oven is known to be higher than it should be, start your chicken out at 450, and then turn it down to 300 degrees.
- I normally serve this chicken with pita bread and a side salad or some tabuleh. Enjoy :).
I finally got around to making this dish. The chicken was juicy & melt in your mouth. My family did think there was too much lemon flavor in the sauce. We didn't really care for the flavor that is gave to the potatoes. I will use the recipe again but I will have to change it some to suit our tastes. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010
Delicious. I used homemade goya sazon without the added MSG and a little paprika for more colour. I used garlic salt which I also sprinkled over the potatoes and other vegetables before baking. I added a slice of onion under the chicken to for added flavour and did not add corn since we have allergy. I used orange pepper instead of green per preference and used some spices that make up Italian seasoning omitting thyme as we don't like it!! I did not add All Season spice. I served this on top of Rice With Onion (Mashkoul) with a fresh salad and yogurt salad on the side. This was a lovely dish I would make again. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.