Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such a great dish you will end up adding it to your regular line up. My husband likes to have this with tortillas to make sure he gets all the sauce. I haven't tried it yet but my husband wants me to try making it with cubed pork loin.
- 1 (1 -1 1/2 lb) package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 (4 ounce) canssliced black olives, drained
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Steam chicken and cut into small pieces. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix soup, sour cream, chiles, olives, and green onions. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover with the cheese and bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 20-30 minutes.
This is one of my families FAVORITES!!!!!!!!! We eat it ALL the time!!! It's so fast to make too. Rather than serve it over chicken, I include the chicken in the mixture and then serve it over rice or spaghetti noodles. Although I usually cheat and use a can of chicken breast meat (or pieces of a rotisserie chicken) - so then it's pretty much dumping some cans together. Soooo good! Comfort food! I also don't use green onions. My recipe calls for 1 cup of sour cream and then only 1 can of each canned item.
Made for Fall PAC 2007. This had a good taste but thought the sauce was too runny. I think maybe half the sour cheese would be good.