Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken with a Provençal style filling and a tasty tomato sauce make a simple but sure-fire hit from Mary Berry.
- 3 links good-quality pork sausage
- 1 ounce black olives, stoned and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated finely grated
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Set the oven to 375°F To prepare the stuffing slit each sausage skin lengthways and remove the meat.
- Put into a bowl, adding the olives, lemon zest, thyme, sage, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Unfold and lay out the chicken thighs, smooth side down, season and fill with a tablespoon of sausage meat stuffing.
- Bring each edge of the chicken towards the middle, over the stuffing and arrange in an ovenproof dish, join side down. Season all over.
- Blend together the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour over the thighs, ensuring all are covered and then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce is piping hot.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with herby crushed new potatoes.