Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is a simpler version of my recipe Traditional Moroccan Chicken. Peeled potato wedges can be added during step 3 when the chicken is turned over.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smen
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, rinsed (rind only, sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, cracked & pitted
- Heat the oil in a large tagine over medium-low heat. Add the onion & parsley then cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the water then add all the spices, smen, lemon, & olives. Salt & pepper the chicken then add to the tagine.
- Cover with a lid, cook for 1 hour. Uncover, turn the chicken over then continue to cook (covered) for 45 minutes.