Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall.
- 10 corn tortillas, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar salsa (homemade or commercial and you determine how hot)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer with half the tortilla strips and half the chicken; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the soup, milk, onion, garlic, chiles, and salsa; mix well.
- Spread over the chicken.
- Layer with remaining tortilla strips and chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 300° oven for 1 1/2 hours.