Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I created this one night while looking for something different to do with chicken. I remembered the "Cream of crap" thread, hit the pantry and the rest is history! I usually use the Goya brand tomato sauce.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can nacho cheese soup
- 1 can spanish style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped green chili, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- sliced black olives (for garnish)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- sliced green onion (for garnish)
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, garlic powder and chili powder to taste.
- Brown well.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix soups, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, chili powder and parsley.
- Add chiles now if using them.
- Pour over chicken in crockpot.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove chicken from crockpot.
- To sauce remaining in crock add cheese, stirring well to blend.
- Add sour cream, mix well.
- Serve chicken with Mexican style rice with sauce drizzled over all.
- Garnish with olives, cilantro and sliced green onions.