Recipe by qiltkitty
I found that is a great low fat recipe, that is also high in protein and low in carbs!! I got this from Low Fat, Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol Light Cooking Cookbook Special Notes: I used yogurt instead of sour cream and it tasted great! I also used parsley instead of chutney ..
Top Review by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
What a tasty way to prepare chicken! The Dijon adds a very nice tanginess to the salsa. I decided to serve this fajita style, so after browning my chicken breasts, I sliced them thinly. While doing that I threw a sliced bell pepper into the pan to saute, then returned the sliced chicken breast and added the remaining ingredients per instructions. Served with warm whole wheat tortillas. Wonderful meal that my partner and I enjoyed. Thank you for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup medium hot chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- chopped fresh chutney (to garnish)
- low-fat sour cream or fat free sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salsa, mustard and lime in large container.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover; marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat until foamy.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides.
- Add marinade; cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and marinade glazes chicken.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Boil marinade over high heat for 1 minute; pour over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with Sour Cream.