Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found that is a great low fat recipe, that is also high in protein and low in carbs!! I got this from Low Fat, Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol Light Cooking Cookbook Special Notes: I used yogurt instead of sour cream and it tasted great! I also used parsley instead of chutney ..
- 1⁄2 cup medium hot chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- chopped fresh chutney (to garnish)
- low-fat sour cream or fat free sour cream (optional)
- Combine salsa, mustard and lime in large container.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover; marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat until foamy.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides.
- Add marinade; cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and marinade glazes chicken.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Boil marinade over high heat for 1 minute; pour over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with Sour Cream.
What a tasty way to prepare chicken! The Dijon adds a very nice tanginess to the salsa. I decided to serve this fajita style, so after browning my chicken breasts, I sliced them thinly. While doing that I threw a sliced bell pepper into the pan to saute, then returned the sliced chicken breast and added the remaining ingredients per instructions. Served with warm whole wheat tortillas. Wonderful meal that my partner and I enjoyed. Thank you for sharing!
This is my all time favorite chicken recipe! It is easy to make and takes so, so good. I started making this dish several years ago from the same cookbook. I have never met anyone who did just love this chicken dish! Thanks for posting it!
Ole and that's no bull --fight praise. This is a very tasty recipe that ends up with a wonderful moist chicken breast. I booted it a bit with Denzil's "Big Boy" hot suce but I love extra spice. I used 2% cottage cheese whipped in stead of sour cream and I wasn't sure what you meant by fresh chutney so I skipped that. I served it with new baked potatoes, new carrots & steamed brussels sprouts. I appreciated the suggestion to boil the marinade an extra minute - I am always careful if I use left over chicken marinade unless it is well cooked afterward. Thoroughly enjoyed this recipe Thanks giltkitty