Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fun to eat, tasty and filling dinner. It's quick to make also.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup instant rice
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Add corn, tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder and onion powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add instant rice to soak up any remaining liquid, I usually add about 1 cup. Let stand 5 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Tasty and super quick - a great weeknight recipe. I used instant brown rice, and added some diced onion & minced garlic in with the oil & chicken. Also added a bit of cumin and extra chili powder. I topped mine with a few crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream; DH rolled his up in a couple of tortillas. It's very versatile - and ready to eat in 20 minutes. :)