Mini Ravindran's Note:
You narrate the story after you relish this dish out !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 thinly slivered chicken breasts
- 20 tender okra, chop the heads and dry out completely
- 3 pieces Indian mango pickle
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large finely-chopped onions
- 3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1Heat oil in a broad based and heavy bottomed skillet.
- 2Add cloves and pepper corns.
- 3Wait till they begin to crackle.
- 4Add salt, turmeric powder red chilli powder and mango pickle pieces.
- 5Take care as not to burn the spices.
- 6Add chicken breast slivers and okra and keep sauteeing for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- 7Add onions, garlic-ginger paste and saute for 10 more minutes on medium heat.
- 8Finally add tomato puree and honey.
- 9Cover the lid tightly for 12 minutes.
- 10Garnish with tomato roses and silver foil (optional).
- 11Serve over a bed of steamed basmati rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Okra and Pickle Story
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 805.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: