Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
You narrate the story after you relish this dish out !
- 3 thinly slivered chicken breasts
- 20 tender okra, chop the heads and dry out completely
- 3 pieces Indian mango pickle
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large finely-chopped onions
- 3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a broad based and heavy bottomed skillet.
- Add cloves and pepper corns.
- Wait till they begin to crackle.
- Add salt, turmeric powder red chilli powder and mango pickle pieces.
- Take care as not to burn the spices.
- Add chicken breast slivers and okra and keep sauteeing for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic-ginger paste and saute for 10 more minutes on medium heat.
- Finally add tomato puree and honey.
- Cover the lid tightly for 12 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato roses and silver foil (optional).
- Serve over a bed of steamed basmati rice and enjoy!