Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another April Fool joke to play, this time with look-a-like chicken nuggets served for dessert! Have fun! From Country Woman magazine
- 1 loaf frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 7 ounces prepared vanilla pudding, cups (2- snack size 3 1/2 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon dark corn syrup (or possibly could use maple syrup)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Cut cake into 12 slices.
- Cut each slice in half.
- Trim each piece to make it and irregular, nugget shaped piece; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, water, light corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed until sugar is moistened.
- Beat on high until smooth.
- Dip cake pieces into glaze then roll in peanuts coating completely.
- Let stand and dry until set.
- In another small bowl mix remaining ingredients, mixture should resemble mustard sauce. If not, add another drop of food coloring.
- Serve with nuggets.
- 2 doz nuggets and 1 cup sauce.