Another April Fool joke to play, this time with look-a-like chicken nuggets served for dessert! Have fun! From Country Woman magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 7 ounces prepared vanilla pudding, cups (2- snack size 3 1/2 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon dark corn syrup (or possibly could use maple syrup)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1Cut cake into 12 slices.
- 2Cut each slice in half.
- 3Trim each piece to make it and irregular, nugget shaped piece; set aside.
- 4In a small bowl combine the sugar, water, light corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- 5Beat on low speed until sugar is moistened.
- 6Beat on high until smooth.
- 7Dip cake pieces into glaze then roll in peanuts coating completely.
- 8Let stand and dry until set.
- 9In another small bowl mix remaining ingredients, mixture should resemble mustard sauce. If not, add another drop of food coloring.
- 10Serve with nuggets.
- 112 doz nuggets and 1 cup sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Nuggets With Mustard Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (922 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1905.6
- Calories from Fat 1092
- Total Fat 121.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 2199.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 121.4 g
- Protein 56.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pound cake