Carol G.'s Note:
Baked chicken nuggets with red currant jelly sauce, a very interesting combination & sooo good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes. (about 4 med.)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups lightly toasted sesame seeds (if you buy these in bulk they are very inexpensive)
- 1Combine chicken pieces with teriyaki sauce, let sit 15 minutes.
- 2Combine flour,salt & pepper on a plate.(or in a zip-lock bag).
- 3Lightly beat egg whites on another plate.
- 4Spread out toasted sesame seeds on another plate.
- 5Flour chicken pieces,shake to remove excess flour. dip in egg white then roll in the sesame seeds, coat them really good.
- 6Place on sprayed baking sheet, bake @ 350 degrees for abt. 20 minutes or till golden brown & done.
- 7Meanwhile prepare the sauce:.
- 8Combine jelly,soy sauce & ginger in small saucepan. Heat slowly till warmed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Nuggets With Currant Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.3
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 1840.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 69.0 g