Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Baked chicken nuggets with red currant jelly sauce, a very interesting combination & sooo good.
Make and share this Chicken Nuggets With Currant Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes. (about 4 med.)
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly toasted sesame seeds (if you buy these in bulk they are very inexpensive)
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine chicken pieces with teriyaki sauce, let sit 15 minutes.
- Combine flour,salt & pepper on a plate.(or in a zip-lock bag).
- Lightly beat egg whites on another plate.
- Spread out toasted sesame seeds on another plate.
- Flour chicken pieces,shake to remove excess flour. dip in egg white then roll in the sesame seeds, coat them really good.
- Place on sprayed baking sheet, bake @ 350 degrees for abt. 20 minutes or till golden brown & done.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce:.
- Combine jelly,soy sauce & ginger in small saucepan. Heat slowly till warmed.