Recipe by JillAZ
This is the way I make my chicken nuggets. My kids love these and I try to keep some on hand in the freezer for quick snacks and meals. The technique came from the 30 day gourmet cookbook. This is an estimate on the crumbs. I normally do a whole bunch of chicken at once and just kind of eyeball the amounts.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing (the bottled kind)
- 36 Ritz crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut chicken into slices and then into "nugget" sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ranch dressing and the milk.
- put chicken pieces into bowl with milk mixture.
- Crush the ritz crackers into fine crumbs. I use my food processor.
- Place cracker crumbs and paprika in a large zipper type baggie. Seal and shake to mix together.
- Place a few of the chicken pieces into the bag of coating mix. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place nuggets on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven and cool. I like to flash freeze before placing in a freezer bag and freezing.
- To serve:.
- Place frozen nuggets on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. You can heat in the microwave, but they don't turn out as crispy.
- Note: Flash freezing just means to place the items on a baking sheet, not touching, and put in the freezer until firm. This keeps them from sticking together in one big clump.