Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Chicken Nuggets in your Nuwave Oven
Make and share this Chicken Nuggets - Nuwave Oven recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup tempura mix (or 1/3 cup flour for a total of 1 cup if tempura mix is unavailable)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon tenderizing salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast fillets, each cut into 6-7 bite sized pieces
- Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 cup water in a small, shallow bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt, Accent, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a one gallon size zip lock bag.
- Pound each of the breast filets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick.
- Trim each breast filet into bite sized pieces.
- Coat each piece with the flour mixture by shaking in the zip lock bag.
- Remove and dredge each nugget in the egg mixture, coating well.
- Then return each nugget to the flour/seasoning mixture.
- Shake to coat. Put nuggets, bag and all, in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining egg mixture.
- After freezing, repeat the "coating" process.
- Air fry the chicken Nuggets on Nu Wave Oven on 4" rack on HI for about 2 ~3 minutes per side (total 5 ~ 6 minutes) or until light brown and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.