Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I made up one weekend after realising how bored I was getting with regular chicken breast recipes. These can be eaten hot or cold with a dipping sauce. I served them with a green salad and oven baked potato chips. You could also use whole chicken breasts for a more 'main meal' appearance.
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts, fat removed
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed (or use pre-crushed cornflakes)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash peri-peri (or chilli powder)
- 1 dash sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of crushed dried parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Cut chicken into nugget sized chunks.
- Mix together corn flakes, sesame seeds and seasonings.
- Flour chicken chunks.
- Egg-wash chicken chunks.
- Coat chicken in corn flake mixture.
- Set aside in fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly spray a biscuit/pizza tray with cooking spray.
- Lay out chicken in a single layer and lightly spray with oil.
- Bake at 200°C for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
These were great! I ran out of corn flakes so I used crushed Special K cereal instead and I did not use sesame seeds. Because my son does not like spicey things I added garlic to the coating instead. This is a keeper!
I made chicken strips instead of nuggets, and cooked at the recommended temeperature of 200 degrees Celsius (400 F.) I probably added about 1 tsp. of salt, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and 1/4 tsp. pepper to the crumb mixture. Served these with honey/mustard sauce. To round out the meal, served the chicken with white/wild rice and a tossed green salad.
These were really reall good! I liked the sesame seeds added to the corn flakes. I used more than a dash of paprika, and instead of using peri-peri added some Tabasco to the egg wash instead. I love the fact that the chicken is baked and easier on the diet. 200 degrees was a little high, I thought the coating would burn, so I lowered the oven the 175 and the chicken was done beautifully in 20 minutes! Thanks for a keeper!