Recipe by Melly Mel
This is a recipe I made up one weekend after realising how bored I was getting with regular chicken breast recipes. These can be eaten hot or cold with a dipping sauce. I served them with a green salad and oven baked potato chips. You could also use whole chicken breasts for a more 'main meal' appearance.
Top Review by MapleGrrl
These were great! I ran out of corn flakes so I used crushed Special K cereal instead and I did not use sesame seeds. Because my son does not like spicey things I added garlic to the coating instead. This is a keeper!
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts, fat removed
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed (or use pre-crushed cornflakes)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash peri-peri (or chilli powder)
- 1 dash sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of crushed dried parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into nugget sized chunks.
- Mix together corn flakes, sesame seeds and seasonings.
- Flour chicken chunks.
- Egg-wash chicken chunks.
- Coat chicken in corn flake mixture.
- Set aside in fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly spray a biscuit/pizza tray with cooking spray.
- Lay out chicken in a single layer and lightly spray with oil.
- Bake at 200°C for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through.