Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I jotted down years ago. Not sure where it came from but sounded like something my girls would like.
- 1 chicken breasts (chopped finely or minced in food processor) or 170 g ground chicken
- 1 slice bread
- 1 small onion, chopped very finely
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chicken stock powder or 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 potato, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 extra egg, beaten
- flour, for coating
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- oil or cooking spray
- Place minced chicken in a clean bowl.
- In a food processor process the bread slice into fine crumbs and add to the chicken mince along with the onion, stock powder and salt and pepper.
- Grate the potato, skin and all, and add to the chicken mixture along with the egg yolk, which helps to bind the mixture.
- Shape into 16-18 nuggets or 8 burger patties.
- Coat the nuggets or patties in flour, dip into the beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in oil or spray with cooking spray and grill or bake until golden.
These were made today for my granddaughter and she loved them. I used ground turkey breast, the poultry seasoning and coated them in corn flake crumbs instead of the flour and breadcrumbs. They turned out crispy and moist. Thanks much for sharing this wonderful kid friendly recipe.
These are so neat! I thought it was so odd to put potatoes in, but its a nice way of sneaking veggies into my toddler [and husband, for that matter]. i made two batches at the same time. I wasnt sure how much flour and breadcrumbs to use. 1/4 C flour was sufficient, and i used 3 pieces of bread for my breadcrumbs, which was just enough. thanks for the recipe!