Recipe by OSUChrissy
I got the recipe from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. Works great in a deep fryer.
Top Review by Emma D.
Made these and loved them :) first time i ever made chicken nuggets and it was easier than i expected :) i didnt have salt and pepper (student life) but i added some nandos peri peri salt and they were delicious :D thank you very much
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup vegetable oil (at least 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 3 inches oil in large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until oil reaches 375°; adjust heat to maintain temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat egg and water in large bowl until well mixed.
- Add flour, salt and pepper stirring to form smooth batter.
- Dip chicken pieces into batter, draining off excess.
- Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, in hot oil about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.