This recipe comes from another site, but I am posting it here in order to save to my cookbook. Credit goes to Danielle. From Danielle: I love this recipe, it's like eating really juicy chicken. I know it seems odd to purchase "chicken" flavor shake 'n' bake, but you can find it without ANY animal ingredients at all!! My roommate dips them it ketchup, but I like it plain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tofu into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes.
- 2Put some Nayonaise or vegan mayonnaise in a bowl and stir it up so it's relatively soupy. Open up your shake 'n' bake box and put the mix in a plastic bag.
- 3Dip a cube of tofu in the Nayonaise on each side.
- 4Drop the cube in the bag and -- shake it up. Do this for each cube of tofu.
- 5Put them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- 8NOTE: I am not sure about the Shake-and-Bake Package size. It is not particularly important. Whatever the standard size is, use that one.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Chicken" Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: