Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from another site, but I am posting it here in order to save to my cookbook. Credit goes to Danielle. From Danielle: I love this recipe, it's like eating really juicy chicken. I know it seems odd to purchase "chicken" flavor shake 'n' bake, but you can find it without ANY animal ingredients at all!! My roommate dips them it ketchup, but I like it plain.
- 12 ounces tofu (your favorite firm variety)
- 1 (18 ounce) package Shake-n-Bake (you have to find some that is vegan)
- vegan mayonnaise
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Cut the tofu into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes.
- Put some Nayonaise or vegan mayonnaise in a bowl and stir it up so it's relatively soupy. Open up your shake 'n' bake box and put the mix in a plastic bag.
- Dip a cube of tofu in the Nayonaise on each side.
- Drop the cube in the bag and -- shake it up. Do this for each cube of tofu.
- Put them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE: I am not sure about the Shake-and-Bake Package size. It is not particularly important. Whatever the standard size is, use that one.