Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Your kids will be in dinner heaven when you combine two of their favorite dinner into one with these chicken nugget tacos. And you'll be in dinner heaven because the recipe features frozen chicken nuggets, which are probably already in your freezer. You can use quality chicken in this kid-friendly dish. Nuggets don't have to be a guilty pleasure. Use a healthier variety such as Ian's or Applegate Farms. Look for coupons in the Sunday newspaper and at mambosprouts.com to save on pricey cuts.
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes frozen chicken nuggets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups fresh corn (from about 4 medium ears) or 3 cups frozen corn kernels (from about 4 medium ears)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt, to taste
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chicken nuggets on baking sheet and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake until crispy and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Combine avocado and lime juice in a small bowl. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add corn and saute until warmed through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and season with salt.
- Divide corn mixture among tortillas, top each with 2 or 4 chicken nuggets and some avocado mixture. Fold over and serve.