Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have made this recipe several times and it's a big hit with my teenagers.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup onion, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2 inch cubes.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Dip chicken cubes into 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk then coat with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together soup, onion, 1/2 cup skim milk and the remaining evaporated milk.
- Add cooked noodles to the soup mixture; mix well.
- Pour noodle mixture into an 13x9 baking dish. Top with chicken nuggets and melted margarine.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: I added 1/2-bag of frozen french-style green beans and everyone liked it.