Recipe by ~Bekah~
Fancy tasting chicken without all the difficult steps. They will think you slaved!
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
Bekah, this was great! DD2 actually ate everything on her plate! I cheated, though, I didn't want to dirty another dish, so I removed the chicken to make the sauce, then added it back in and simmered it on low for about 20 minutes. Tender, delicious, great flavor.....now I want to go make homemade applesuace! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken well with seasoned flour.
- In large frying pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes on each side, just until golden.
- Arrange chicken in casserole dish.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger root to the frying pan; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in apple slices.
- Then mix in cider, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Simmer on low heat 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Spoon sauce over chicken when serving.