Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe for getting a meal on the table fast. It also works great without a pressure cooker....just simmer about 20 minutes longer until the chicken starts to fall apart. I also feel strongly about not using chicken stock w/MSG in it - buy the all-natural kind! Its so much better!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 carrots, large dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb egg noodles, frozen such as Reames brand
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons stock
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Saute onion, celery and garlic until lightly browned. Add chicken, carrot, chicken stock, bay leaf, herbs & seasonings, and put pressure cooker lid on.
- Bring to low pressure for 10 minutes and remove from the heat. Use a natural release method.
- Remove pressure cooker lid when safe to do so. Broth should still be boiling & chicken should be starting to fall apart.
- Return pot to burner over medium-high heat, add frozen egg noodles, and cook until almost soft.
- When almost cooked, add cornstarch to chicken stock and stir to make a slurry. Add some of the slurry to the pot, stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Remove sprigs of fresh herbs. Add peas & chopped parsley for color and juice of 1 lemon. Stir and serve.
Was a nice chicken dish. The only thing I noticed is that is was more like soup so I wisked in a mixture of 1/4 milk with 3 Tbsp. flour to make it a little thicker. Thank you for sharing.
Very tasty instead of chicken thighs i used a hole chicken and just deboned it and came out just as good im sure.