2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
EZ Baker's Note:
This is a recipe that my grandmother and mother used to make. I always loved it and now my children LOVE it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot or stock pot, place chicken with water and chopped onion, season with seasoning salt.
- 2Boil on medium high for 2 hours, adding water as needed.
- 3Remove chicken from pan, being careful to leave broth in pot.
- 4De-skin and de-bone chicken. Cut or shred into bite sized pieces and add meat to broth.
- 5Top off water and add some more seasoning salt.
- 6Bring to boil. Add egg noodles.
- 7Meanwhile,Cut up potatoes and boil in a pot of water until they break when you stab them with a fork.
- 8Drain. Add milk, butter, and salt and mash.
- 9Cook chicken and egg noodles until noodles are tender.
- 10Serve chicken noodles over a bed of mashed potatoes with a little broth. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodles over Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 153.7 mg
- Sodium 161.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 41.7 g