Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe that my grandmother and mother used to make. I always loved it and now my children LOVE it.
- In large pot or stock pot, place chicken with water and chopped onion, season with seasoning salt.
- Boil on medium high for 2 hours, adding water as needed.
- Remove chicken from pan, being careful to leave broth in pot.
- De-skin and de-bone chicken. Cut or shred into bite sized pieces and add meat to broth.
- Top off water and add some more seasoning salt.
- Bring to boil. Add egg noodles.
- Meanwhile,Cut up potatoes and boil in a pot of water until they break when you stab them with a fork.
- Drain. Add milk, butter, and salt and mash.
- Cook chicken and egg noodles until noodles are tender.
- Serve chicken noodles over a bed of mashed potatoes with a little broth. Season with salt and pepper.