Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good old fashion chicken noodles, but without the peas because my wife doesn't like them. Oh, the fat from the chicken stock is discarded also.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 12 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat milk
- Boil chicken in a dutch oven until fully cooked. discard the water, fat, skin and bones. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Pour 12 cups of fresh water the bouillon cubes,thyme and bring to a boil and make sure bouillon cubes have dissolved. add sliced carrots (I like the peeled ones in the bag).
- Reduce heat add the chicken that was set aside and the egg noodles let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring and mixing occasionally.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste pour in the 1/2 cup of reduced fat milk. mix well, let cool about 10 minutes and serve.