Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came from a chicken soup recipe on Zaar that soaked up all the stock leaving only the noodles. I modified it to be a tasty side dish that is way better than the Lipton packages. To make it heartier, add more carrots and cut up cooked chicken for a main dish meal.
- 14 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup cooked carrot, diced small (using canned will make it quicker)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 5 ounces vermicelli
cajun salt (use 1 tsp)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1.) In a 2-quart saucepan, bring all ingredients except for the vermicelli to a boil.
- 2.) Add noodles and cook approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3.) Serve immediately.