1/2 Photos of Chicken Noodle Tetrazzini - a Little Healthier
Keep all the traditional goodness of chicken tetrazzini yet whittle out some of the fat and calories. A great kid-friendly, weeknight meal to use up leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the deli. If you're not watching fat intake, feel free to use full-fat ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces whole wheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground thyme, to taste (or use fresh thyme leaves)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, cover and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3Melt margarine in medium saucepan; blend in flour until smooth. Cook for 1 minute but don't let it brown.
- 4Slowly whisk in milk, chicken broth, thyme and black pepper.
- 5Cook sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil (about 10 minutes).
- 6Stir in peas, yogurt and two tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- 7Mix together noodles, mushrooms, sauce and chicken. Taste for seasonings; add salt and more pepper if desired.
- 8Turn mixture into lightly greased 9"x13" baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- 10Bake 15 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Tetrazzini - a Little Healthier
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 295.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: