Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Casserole Crazy by Emily Farris The original recipe called for only two cans of soup, I added an extra one because it seemed a bit dry to me. I also like to use ID #278160 instead of the canned soup, it makes for a much fresher taste.
- 4 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup buttery cracker (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water drizzle some olive oil and 1 tablespoon of salt. Boil the chicken until done. Cook the noodles in boiling water. While the noodles are cooking cut up the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a pot saute onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in the olive oil and butter. Cook until the onions appear translucent, add the mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Mix well. Salt and pepper if needed. Add the noodles, chicken, and parsley. Stir until fully coated. Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until bubbly. If you are using crackers remove from oven and sprinkle with crackers and bake 5 ï¿½ 10 more minutes.
Very good!! Will be making this again. Good quick supper.