- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 2 quarts homemade chicken stock (or 2 quarts of low-fat, low sodium chicken broth)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 -10 ounces egg noodles
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent.
- Stir in celery, carrots, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and parsley and cook, covered, until vegetables are halfway cooked.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a large pot and pour in chicken broth.
- Simmer over low heat, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in chicken breast pieces and egg noodles and simmer, covered, 30 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.