1/5 Photos of Chicken Noodle Soup With an Asian Touch
This very quich soup is a nice way to warm these cold days and comfort those colds. The hot pepper can be ommitted, crushed, seeded, chopped, or left whole depending on if you like heat in your soup. Throw in any vegies you like Bok choy or fresh spinach is good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml chili oil or 4.92 ml regular sesame oil, i like it hot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced rinsed well
- 59.14 ml dried porcini mushrooms, soaked and sliced reserve strained liquid to add to soup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice ginger, minced
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 2 parsnips, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 2 celery ribs, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 1 dried chili
- 4 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1892.0 ml chicken stock
- 226.79 g dried ramen noodles
- 354.88 ml shredded cooked chicken
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley or 118.29 ml cilantro, finely chopped, garnish
- 1Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the oils.
- 2Add the onion, leeks, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, carrots, parsnips, celery, pepper, thyme and bay leaf.
- 3Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- 4Pour in the chicken stock and mushroom liquid and bring the liquid to a boil.
- 5Add the noodles and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
- 6Add the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with soy sauce and pepper.
- 7Remove dried chili.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- 9And you may drizzle extra sesame oil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Soup With an Asian Touch
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 2095.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms