Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you haven't tried chicken noodle soup over mashed potatoes, I am sorry! You will never go back. It makes a creamy, delicious meal. I always make my Homemade Egg Noodles they really make a difference in the soup, 1 1/2 this recipe as you need more noodles. I also use Mashed Potato Virgin! for the potatoes, cut back a bit on the butter and milk when using in soup because all the liquid already gives it great flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth or 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 1537.83 ml water
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 354.88 ml carrots, sliced
- 295.73 ml celery, sliced
- 118.29 ml onion, roughly chopped
- 20.94 ml chicken bouillon granules or 4-5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 946.36 ml mashed potatoes, see recipe above
- egg noodles, see recipe above it's what makes the soup or 311.84 g frozen wide egg noodles
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring 6 1/2 c water and chicken broth to a boil, add boullion cubes; dissolve.
- Add chicken breasts, cook until no longer pink, remove, let cool then shred.
- Skim top of broth to get any foam off top.
- Bring to a boil again, add noodles, bring to a med boil again then add veggies.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Turn heat off add chicken breast and parsley, cover.
- Let stand about 10 minutes, S&P to taste, serve over a scoop of mashed potatoes.
This was a wonderful meal! I think this is my husbands new favorite. It was great leftover too! The homemade noodles suggested are well worth the effort(they aren't hard to do at all). This is a definite keeper!
This was way good my family loved it! I made it with out the Onions and I used my own recipe for the mashed potato's. Thanks for sharing this Recipe it was for sure a keeper!