Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great Comfort Food. Fast, easy, delicious and satifying! The fact that you use a Deli- Chicken, makes this so simple1 :-)
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 -3 carrots, cut into Matchsticks
- 4 -5 celery ribs, cut into Matchsticks
- 2 small zucchini, cut into Matchsticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 0.5 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed
- Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred the meat or cut into chunks.
- Saute the onions, carrots and celery in the oil until tender.
- Add the zucchini and the seasonings and cook for a few more minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your noodles.
- Drain them well and return them to the pot.
- Toss them first with the butter, the add the parsley. Toss well and cover to keep them warm.
- Add the chicken and the peas to the veggies and heat through. Taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed.
- Place the noodles into bowls and serve the Chicken_Veggie Mixture on top.
- Voila! Chicken Soup without Broth! :-).