Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the ultimate of comfort foods- when you're feeling sick or a little down, this chicken noodle soup is sure to make you feel better. My Mom's recipe and a personal favorite for my entire family. Hope it becomes your family's favorite too!
- Put fryer chicken into stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 15-20 minutes, until meat is done.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, celery and cream of chicken soup to water. Stir to incorporate soup. Cook over medium heat.
- After chicken cools slightly, remove meat from chicken and return to pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add carrots and boullion granules (to taste) and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook per package directions.
- Great as leftovers too!
I substituted 2 chicken breasts & 4 thighs for the whole bird, but other than that I followed the recipe right on down & we had a very satisfying, homey meal that I'd be happy to make again ~ Thanks for a keeper of a recipe & I look forward to trying this with a homemade cream of chicken soup! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]