1/1 Photo of Chicken Noodle Soup (Ina Garten's Recipe)
1 hr 10 mins
Barenaked Chef's Note:
I made this out of my Barefoot Contessa cookbook yesterday, with just a few changes. I'm offering it here as written, since Ina knows best :) The changes I made were using Turkey carcus for the broth and picking off the turkey meat to add back to the soup. I also added 2 sliced green onions and cooked the veggies longer so they'd be soft. I don't like my veggies crunchy in soup. Delicious and flavorful; you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred or dice the chicken meat.
- 4Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery, carrots, and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are cooked.
- 5Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through. Season to taste and serve.
- 6*I use Goodman's wide egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Soup (Ina Garten's Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 2155.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.0 g