Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adopted from Recipezaar, February 2005. Haven't had time to try yet.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 6 cups hot water, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks celery, thin slice
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup carrot, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thin egg noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a 5-qt casserole combine chicken, 4 cups hot water, celery, carrots, basil, rosemary, pepper and salt.
- Microwave at High 30-40 minutes, or until chicken falls easily from the bone, stirring twice during cooking.
- Remove chicken from the bones.
- Discard bones and skin.
- Dice meat and return to caserole.
- Add 2 cups hot water and noodles.
- Microwave at High 8-10 minutes, or until water boils.
- Then, Microwave at High 7-10 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
It was not the best that I ever ate but it was definately the best that I ever made. I didn't make it in the microwave but on the stove. I liked it, and it was easy to make. One of the reasons it was probably not the best I ever ate is because I used chicken that was all ready cut up so there was no skin and less fat and less taste. I have to watch my fat intake.
Quick way to make chicken soup. Spices didn't seem to work with the dish.