Hey Jude's Note:
I know there's a bazillion chicken noodle soup recipes in here but this one's different. I found this Nigella Lawson recipe in the Chicago Sun-Times and it's for just one person, which I thought was very nice. The seasonings and ingredients are a bit different also, from regular chicken noodle soup recipes. I made this using ramen noodles but I will try the udon noodles next time, I just love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 ounces chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake, sherry or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup canned baby corn, in 1 inch pieces
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely sliced into rings
- 1 scallion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 8 ounces udon noodles (fresh or cooked)
- 1/2 cup sugar snap pea
- 1In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, heat chicken broth.
- 2In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, cook chicken strips without any oil until they are opaque, then add soy sauce and sake, allowing them to reduce slightly; add chicken and sauce to broth.
- 3Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil; add ginger, corn, chile, scallion, spinach, noodles and peas; simmer mixture for a minute or two until vegetables are tender and noodles, if fresh, have cooked, or if cooked, are reheated.
- 4Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Soup for One
Serving Size: 1 (959 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1242.3
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 6473.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 69.2 g