I tried this soup at a friends house it was really good, and very easy to make. You can also use rice in place of noodles
- cut chicken in to cubes and add cans of broth.
- (I do this step the night before to let it fall apart).
- dice carrots onions and celery and add to broth.
- cook on low for about 7 1/2 hours.
- add noodles about 10 before serving and turn on high till noodles are fully cooked.
This was very easy to make and quite enjoyable - though a bit bland. I may try to spice it up a little next time.
Half of the house had been sick and we were looking for a nice simple, not too spicy chicken soup recipe. This couldn't have been easier. We used low sodium broth (and my 5 year old girl requested bow noodles) and it hit the spot. Thank you so much for sharing this!
I was looking for just a plain and simple chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. This was great! We all loved it. I added a few more stalks of celery and carrots just because we enjoy them...and 1 extra cup of water to make the broth go further. I added about 1 cup of dry noodles at the end. It was a really good winter's night supper served with banana bread.