Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the ultimate comfort food!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In small saucepan cook soup mix in water.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Blend in flour and pepper.
- Gradually stir in hot soup and cook until thickened. Add chicken. Fold in peas and onions.
- Turn into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Top with bread crumbs. Bake for 15 minutes.