Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple version of the classic. You can use canned chicken broth as in the recipe or your own!
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄16 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Mix broth, pepper, carrot& celery.
- Heat to a boil.
- Stir in noodles& chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
With the colder weather now here, my daughter really appreciates a hot lunch to take to school. This was just the one for me to make. I measured just a half cup for the noodles and include a bay leaf, which I remove before serving. I was just checking out shapeup.org and it says that "Soup is your friend". It sure is, enjoy!