1/2 Photos of Chicken Noodle Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Fantastic homemade chicken soup recipe, slightly modified from long-time Houston-area broadcaster, Ron Stone. Feeds a crowd, and delicious with hot buttered cornbread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken breasts (skin on or off - your preference)
- 1 stalk celery, leaves attached,cut in chunks
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 10 -12 whole black peppercorns
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cans cream of chicken soup, reduced fat preferred
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- dried parsley, to taste
- additional seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, just a pinch,to taste
- 1Simmer chicken, celery, carrot, onion, peppercorns and 1 T.
- 2seasoned salt in large dutch oven, in about 4 quarts of water until chicken begins to fall apart.
- 3Remove chicken from pot; let cool.
- 4DO NOT DISCARD BROTH.
- 5Remove skin and bones from chicken and discard; shred meat into bite-sized pieces.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Strain the veggies from the broth, pressing as much of the liquid from them as possible, through the strainer, back into the pot.
- 8Bring broth to a boil.
- 9Cook noodles in boiling broth for 6 minutes.
- 10Lower heat, and add bouillon cubes, stirring to mix well.
- 11Add undiluted chicken soup, stirring gently to dissolve lumps, but try not to break noodles too much.
- 12Add the shredded chicken, minced onion, and remaining seasonings to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 873.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: