Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this soup because of the leftover turkey I had from Thanksgiving. It was very tasty, quick and easy to make. It even tastes better the following day.
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 3 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium-thin egg noodles, uncooked
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute' onion, carrots and celery 10 minutes.
- Add broth to pan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Stir in noodles.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Add chicken, simmer 1-2 additional minutes to heat though.
I made this 11/2/12 for mine and my SO's dinner. I didn't have any cooked chicken. So, a 6 ounce chicken breast was cut and cubed and boiled in some water,which had a bit of poultry seasoning and butter added.And I didn't have canned chicken broth, so the water that the chicken was boiled in was used along with 4 teaspoons of chicken bouillon powder and 2 cups of water. Instead of the veggies being sliced, they were diced.After adding the noodles were added and cooked, a " Quality Taste Test " was done and about another 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning was added.
Both of us thought it had a really good taste, and this will be made again. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Easy, fast & total comfort food! My whole family loved this recipe - even my brother in law, who doesn't eat soup at all. I poached the chicken in 1/2 cup wine & about 3 cups water in the oven & then shredded it instead of dicing. Just personal preference on the shredding. Made everything else as instructed & served it simple with saltine crackers. Lot's of Mmm Mmmm Good! going on around my table tonight & it's all due to your delicious homemade recipe, cindy! Thanks for sharing it with us. Made for Photo Forum's January Belly Warmers tag game.