Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughters favorite!
- 1133.98 g chicken quarters
- 946.0 ml water
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 stalk celery
- 14.79 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml egg noodles
- Cook all ingredients except noodles for 45 mn.
- Cool, skim fat. Remove the veggies if you don't want them.
- Clean the chicken off the bones, dice or shred, add to broth and bring to boiling. I cook the noodles in the broth, but if you do that you will need to add more water, or you could throw a can of t chicken broth in!
- You could also cook the noodles before adding them to the broth, then you won't need to add more liquid.
Nothing is as healing as a good bowl of chicken soup and this is a great one. I cut the recipe in half and worked with what I had on hand which was a pound of chicken strips and some really wide noodles. Really enjoyed the clean simple flavors of this soup, thanks for the pammyowl for the post you will be missed but never forgotten.
My 7 year old DD planned the dinner menu this week, and chicken and noodles was on the list, so I asked her if she'd be interested in making Pammy's chicken noodle soup. I made it kid-friendly by giving her frozen chicken tenders instead of the whole chicken. I threw in some cannelloni beans for some added protein, and she left out the celery, but it was absolutely delish and she made it herself, so she is so proud. I will remember you fondly whenever she makes "Pammy's Soup". Made and enjoyed in honor of pammyowl. You will be missed.
Yum! Made exactly as written without discarding the vegetables. The noodles were boiled separately. Very nice tummy pleaser :) Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Ramadan Tag 2013 / N*A*M*E Forum