Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not only is this one of the most popular soups, it can be made easily in about 20 minutes. It is hearty, satisfying, and low in calories.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 ounces flat egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup raw chicken meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Simmer the chicken broth and celery about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook about 2 minutes, or until done.
- Add the noodles and cook until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the parsley.
We loved this soup. A really easy recipe. I did add 1 t onion powder, but that's the only thing I did different. It is very flavorful, and a great big bowl of this would warm anyone up! I will make it again. Thanks RecipeNut, great recipe!!
Great soup, Recipenut! And sooooo easy. My bunch ate the first batch the day I made it, and daughter wanted more, so I made another larger pot the next day. I had bone-in thighs, so I cooked them in the water, then took the meat off the bones. It takes longer, but I like dark meat better than white. The only thing I did differently was to add two chopped carrots and a small bay leaf, and I used noodle-O's. I've always made chicken noodle soup starting with a whole chicken, boil it, strain it, etc...turns into a whole day project. I love the fact that this is so fast and good.
Delicious! I made this for my husband when he was sick & he ate it all! The only difference was that I didn't have egg noodles, so I used bowties. Also, I didn't have any fresh parsley so I added a little dried parsley in with the salt & pepper. I'll definitely be making again when any of us are feeling under the weather!